TukTuks are the most used Taxi type all over Sri Lanka. Also, it is the easiest private travel media that you can find on the streets. Tuktuks can carry up to 3 people at a time.
Tuktuks are suitable for traveling to short-distance destinations and also for long destination tours. in other vehicles, your view is much more restricted while you can have an open-air view in Tuktuks.
It is a good idea to get into a Tuktuk from a Tuktuk service or Tuktuk park rather than getting into a strange tuk-tuk on road. because there are some disadvantages as well when you traveling in a Tuktuk. for example, if you forget and left something inside the Tuktuk, there is no way to find that strange tuk-tuk again. to overcome those problems you should pick a reliable Tuktuk.
TukTuk Services in Weligama
1. Pick & Drop TukTuk Service Weligama.
A trustworthy Tuktuk service among foreigners and locals. They have numbers of Tuktuks which are available 24 hours every day. Contact them to hire a tuk-tuk.
Advantages and disadvantages of hiring a TukTuk
- Freedom - unlike buses, you can stop wherever you want to stop and can continue the journey whenever you want.
- Inexpensive - TukTuk ride prices are cheaper than cabs.
- View - you can have an open-air view in Tuktuks.
- Limited Space - if you have large backpacks and luggage, the number of people who can travel in the tuk-tuk will be lesser.
- Slowness - if you want to travel long distances quicker, tuk-tuks are not a good option.